Millfield Lane Safe and Healthy Streets consultation

Jean Dollimore

In case you are interested, Camden is consulting on making permanent the the one-way for motors ruling that they put in last summer. If you’ve been that way on a bike you’ll have noticed how much better is it without any motor traffic coming down the hill. So it’s worth supporting.

https://consultations.wearecamden.org/supporting-communities/millfield-lane/

They are also asking whether people want to make Merton Lane one way eastbound for motor vehicles. I find it hard to decide…

Any opinions?

I agree about Millfield Lane.

Regarding Merton Lane, one could argue that because it provides access to the quite large numbers of properties in Fitzroy Park and Merton Lane, including West Hill Park, it might not be such a good idea to force all motor vehicles including bin lorries  to approach via Millfield Lane which is narrow and heavily used by pedestrians and cyclists.

John

On 18/10/21 15:41, Jean Dollimore wrote:
In case you are interested, Camden is consulting on making permanent the the one-way for motors ruling that they put in last summer. If you’ve been that way on a bike you’ll have noticed how much better is it without any motor traffic coming down the hill. So it’s worth supporting.

https://consultations.wearecamden.org/supporting-communities/millfield-lane/

They are also asking whether people want to make Merton Lane one way eastbound for motor vehicles. I find it hard to decide…

Any opinions?

Jean

Jean Dollimore

Just a reminder that the deadline for the Millfield Lane consultation is on 7th November.

I have attached our draft response - you’ll se we are planing to oppose making Merton Lane one way because we don’t want all that extra northbound traffic on Millfield Lane.

Please do find time to send in a reply.

Jean