Mayoral Election Environment Debate, 12th April at 7pm

John Chamberlain

Short notice I'm afraid, due to me losing the announcement in my inbox, but you may be interested in this event tomorrow evening organised by Camden Greenpeace and others.

BRIEF OVERVIEW

We would like to invite you to a landmark moment for nature & climate in London:

The Mayoral Environment Debate
Monday 12th April, 7.00pm – 9.00pm
Chaired by Julia Bradbury
Hosted by the More Natural Capital Coalition

The online debate, chaired by presenter & environmentalist Julia Bradbury, will be the spotlight moment for the environment in the Mayoral campaign, allowing candidates to put forward their policies on nature and climate to London’s voters.

We have invited all 5 main party candidates and Sian Berry (Green), Luisa Porritt (Lib Dem) Peter Gammons (UKIP) are all confirmed. Although it looks like neither Sadiq Kahn or Shaun Bailey will attend, Sadiq is sending Leonie Cooper (Assembly member) and Shaune is sending an MP in his place. The event will be hosted by BBC presenter, Julia Bradbury.

Key issues to be debated include: air pollution, ensuring London has thriving parks and green spaces, helping wildlife and our climate recover, support for green jobs and the development of more sustainable local transport infrastructure.

Register for your free online access to the debate here.

Email address to send your question for the candidates to is: matt@...

Post pandemic, we must take this opportunity to make London a greener, healthier city, so we hope you’ll join us on April 12th to send a very strong message to candidates, that the environment needs to be at the top of their priorities.

Reserve your FREE ticket here: https://www.wcl.org.uk/mayoral-environment-debate.asp

*****

The More Natural Capital Coalition are a group of over twenty environmental charities who share a common vision for a greener London. We are joining forces with climate and transport groups in London to host the Mayoral Environment Debate.

Organisations supporting the Environment Debate include: RSPB, Open Spaces Society, The Orchard Project, CPRE London, Woodland Trust, Butterfly Conservation, London Friends of Greenspaces Network, WWT, Wildlife and Countryside Link, London Gardens Trust, Ramblers, Trees for Cities, London National Park City, Living Streets Group, London Wildlife Trust, Sustain, TCV, Amphibian and Reptile Conservation, A Rocha UK, Badger Trust, Born Free Foundation, British Mountaineering Council, Institute of Fisheries Management, Four Paws UK, Tranquil City, Wildlife Gardening Forum, Camden Greenpeace, London Friends of the Earth Groups, Haringey Clear Air Group.