Consultation on making the Arlington Road area LTN permanent

Jean Dollimore

Dear all

A really good scheme for reducing the through motor traffic on the streets around Arlington Road was installed in September 2020. Camden is now consulting on making the scheme permanent. It would be really good if you would make the effort to reply to the consultation.  You can see the consultation details here:

The most important questions are:

 No 9 which asks whether you agree (or strongly agree which I do) with making all the motor vehicle traffic restrictions permanent
and
No 10 which goes through the list of restrictions one-by-one asking for specific support

Other questions refer to adjustments:
No 11 refers to moving the Cycle Hire station to the corner of Albert street
No 12 refers to widening the footway at the Parkway junction with Arlington Road

No 13 refers to removing the right turn lane the junction where Albert Road meets Delancey Street - I THINK that we should ask for a cycle contraflow on this section of Albert Street

NO 14 asks about Bike Hangars which we should of course support

If you are in a hurry, you can go straight to the on line survey here:

Jean

Elena Moynihan

Hi Jean,

I have already replied to this one, I'm there quite regularly as I have mentioned in our monthly meeting.

Yes, the scheme is great and should definitely be retained, but two things I have noticed which could perhaps be added to our comments:

1 - Traffic at Arlington, particularly at Jamestown junction.  We might need another scheme to tackle this ?  Mabe make that junction cycle only in both directions ?
2 - The Cavendish School at the top of Gloucester.  Usual debacle from school run, SUV-land galore, this needs one of those School Health schemes

E.