Consultation on a proposed Low Traffic Neighbourhood in the area around Camden Square and improvements to the cycle route bewteen Cliff Villas and Royal College Street

Jean Dollimore

Camden Square area Safe and Healthy Streets

Camden Council is consulting on their proposal for a Low Traffic Neighbourhood (LTN) in the area bounded by Camden Road, Camden Park Road-York Way, Agar Grove and St Pancras Way.. See this pictorial representation of the scheme.

They are also proposing improvements to the cycle route between Cliff Villas and Royal College Street including:

  • Randolph Street with flow and contraflow cycle lanes protected by wand
  • A radical improvement of the junction of Agar Grove, St Pancras Way and Randolph Street;
    • on each of the four arms of the junction, cycles will get a green at a stage in the signals where they can cross safely without conflict with motor vehicles.
    • pedestrians can obtain an all green stage on demand
    •  the approach from Agar Grove will be in a lane protected by wands
  • A Tiger Crossing over Agar Grove at the southern end of Stratford Villas
  • Cliff Road: the contraflow lane will be moved behind the parked cars while the with flow lane runs with general traffic but all parking will be removed on this (the south) side.

The consultation is on Camden’s website at:

The Online Survey is at the bottom of that page and is straightforward to fill in.

We are asking you not only to respond to this consultation but also to encourage others to do so, particularly if they live in the area.

The deadline is 28th February

We will respond on behalf of CCC in support of the proposals and will also describe any potential problems that are reported to us. e.g. on this mailing list

Jean

seymour susan

Thanks Jean. I have filled in the survey and have also forwarded to friends who live in North Villas and my cycle buddy who lives just north of Hungerford Road. We went through this area on our outings.

Best wishes

Susan