Bar-otomy

Paul Gasson <paulgasson@...>

One of the great things about travelling by bike is the amazing repertoire of new experiences waiting to be enjoyed.

A first for me tonight was my aluminium handlebar snapping (just at the point it meets the stem bracket) on my Brompton folding bike. I had no warning that it was going to fail. Fortunately I was travelling at low speed, having just joined Royal College Street from the canal towpath. A conveniently parked car enabled me to come to rest and remain upright.
If it had happened 30 seconds earlier and I would have fallen into the canal.

Has anyone else experienced any major bike failures which could (or did) have serious consequences?

Paul

P.S. Don't forget our monthly meeting is this coming Monday at 7.30 pm, Castlehaven Community Centre.