Stolen: Moulton TSR11 Electric Bike

George Coulouris

Dear all,

I’m sad to have to report the loss of my much loved Moulton TSR electric bicycle. If anyone sees it for sale I will of course be grateful for a notification and in fact I have decided to offer a substantial award. There are more photos and information in this photo album. (Note: the middle photo below shows the bike before the electric motor was fitted).

George Coulouris

Stolen: Moulton TSR11 Electric Bike

Stolen 25/4/2022 from outside Royal Free Hospital, London NW3. (Details: bit.ly/StolenTSR) Owner: George Coulouris, george@..., phone 0787 9887663. £200 reward offered for information leading to recovery.

Frame number: 172864. Colour: white.
If you see this bike or are offered it for sale, please contact George Coulouris, (george@..., phone 0787 9887663). Moulton TSR11 spaceframe bicycle, 20" wheels. Fitted with ARCC front wheel electric motor. Battery attaches to the head tube.  (www.arccbikes.com/products/moultontsr-electric

paulbraithwaite

Dear George,
What absolutely rotten luck.
It must be worth a small fortune.
Commiserations,

Paul Braithwaite

On 26 Apr 2022, at 16:12, George Coulouris <george@...> wrote:

[...]

Norman Franklin

Bad luck
I feel marooned after my electric folding Ettnic trike was stolen in Englands Lane.
Made in Spain, the two wheels are at the front and it has square tubes for the semi-axles,
"=£3000 award to a finder.
Norman Franklin
Flat 5
17-19 Elsworthy Road
London NW3 3DS
phone 02077224543
mobile 07504111095
mobile 07954111095

On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 at 16:52, paulbraithwaite via groups.io <paulbraithwaite=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Elena Moynihan

That's terrible George.... they always do this, go for the railing as they are much less sturdy than the locks....exact same thing happened to my neighbour and her electric bike was stolen from her front garden, they just cut the handrail.

On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 at 17:24, Norman Franklin <najfranklin@...> wrote:
[...]

Berwyn Rutherford

I am so sorry to hear that George. I’ll keep a lookout
Berwyn

[...]

Steven Edwards

That’s extremely annoying George - really sorry to hear that
🤬🤬🤬

I did just mange to copy & paste it into the chat on IWB.

Mark Strong was presenting on cycle parking as well !!

And began with the point:

“It’s not about cycle parking…it’s about cycle theft”

Assume you’ve checked all CCTV (nearby as well as the hospital’s)

Steven

On 26 Apr 2022, at 16:49, paulbraithwaite via groups.io <paulbraithwaite@...> wrote:

[...]

<PastedGraphic-4.tiff>

Richard Fletcher

George. Very sorry to hear that. Will keep eyes open of course

Richard

On 26 Apr 2022, at 16:11, George Coulouris <george@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Steve,
I had almost forgotten about IWB so thanks for putting it on the chat. No I haven’t checked for CCTV because I stupidly locked it to an ordinary pavement railing, relying on one upright steel bar which they cut. Easy to blame myself in retrospect. I’ll check but I doubt that a camera would have been near there.

Cheers,

George

On 26 Apr 2022, at 18:32, Steven Edwards <stevenaedw@...> wrote:

[...]

Martin Nelson

Dear George

Sincere commiserations-I know it was a treasured possession, and rightly so. I do hope you are reunited with it. Stranger things have happened!
Regards

[...]

Helen Vecht

Really sorry to see this George!

Have you advertised this on StolenRide London's Twitter page?

Helen

[...]

richendawalford

So sorry to hear this.  I’ve put your post on GroupsIO LT Islington and GroupsIO Cycle Islington.  Really hope you get it back.

[...]

Ema Arvati

Hi George,

Really sorry to hear that. I had a bike stolen in the past and this is the main reason why sometimes I do not ride and prefer other means of transports unless I can see where I park it or are planning to leave it out of sight for only a short while.

Hope you find it soon.

Ema