From: main@camdencyclists.groups.io <main@camdencyclists.groups.io> On Behalf Of EleNdubz
Sent: 26 July 2021 15:44
To: CCC <camdencyclists@groups.io>
Subject: [camdencyclists] Cars in bike lane

Hello all !

So today as I noticed yet another incident of people using bike lines as a parking spot, as I was walking rather than cycling I took a photo ( he was nicely blocking both the cycling lane and the pavement).

Don't really know what I was going to do with it, I was more interested in the fact that even black cabs are at it... Then the car driver spotted me taking the photo and started to shout abuse.  I had my headphones on so I didn't engage and I carried on walking;  he then got on the car, followed me, took both his hands off the steering wheel and took a photo of me walking down the pavement before speeding off.

So, notwithstanding the fact that this thug now has a photo of me on his phone, my question is, is there a traffic infringement portal we can post photos like these so they can be fined ?  I'm quite keen now :-)

Cheers

Elena

Steve Prowse

--
Steve Prowse
07779 145478

Elena Moynihan

Thanks Steve, but when I try to use this link you can only report a traffic incident ( i.e. dangerous driving, drink driving etc) not a parking offence ?

Elena

On Mon, 26 Jul 2021 at 16:58, Steve Prowse <steve.prowse@...> wrote:

[...]

Ema Arvati

Hi Elena,

I have looked around and it seems that other councils offer the option to report those kind of incidents but not Camden for some reason. What about reporting this on the British transport police website or directly at a police station?

https://www.btp.police.uk/

Ema

[...]

John Chamberlain

As far as I know, parking and loading is enforced by boroughs (or TfL for red routes), not the police. I'll try to find out the most effective way to report it. If it is persistent then I think you might get something done. Otherwise... And Mick's comment about traffic wardens seems relevant - never around when you need them.

By the way, I note that the photo shows a single yellow line and advisory cycle lane where the taxi is. So not illegal to park outside of peak hours. And taxis can drop off at any time. But pavement parking is illegal of course. Parking restrictions on roads with cycle lanes are very inconsistent and need to be updated - we have flagged this on most of the new schemes we have audited, we'll make sure this is on the list.

Illegal parking and loading on red routes can be reported to TfL at https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/te-contact-us-make-a-complaint-wizard-25434 But again, unless it is persistent, I doubt if much will happen.

John

On 27/07/21 07:58, EleNdubz wrote:
[...]

Sheridan Wilde

On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 at 07:58, EleNdubz <elena.moynihan@...> wrote:
Thanks Steve, but when I try to use this link you can only report a traffic incident ( i.e. dangerous driving, drink driving etc) not a parking offence ?

   Taking both hands off the steering wheel while taking a photo (presumably using a mobile phone) would have been a traffic offence.

Elena
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [sheridanwilde@...]
_._,_._,_

--
   sheridan

Paul Allen

This is at the Dentist on Haverstock Hill and it is a regular occurrence. They do have a small car park, but they should be telling their customers that parking in the cycle lane or pavement is not acceptable. Ideally the council should be giving such advise to all businesses affected and following up after a while.

Camden only has a few things that can be reported, others allow many more categories. This is Westminster on Love Clean Streets app.

All the best, Paul.

On 27 Jul 2021, at 12:35, Sheridan Wilde <sheridanwilde@...> wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 at 07:58, EleNdubz <elena.moynihan@...> wrote:
Thanks Steve, but when I try to use this link you can only report a traffic incident ( i.e. dangerous driving, drink driving etc) not a parking offence ?

   Taking both hands off the steering wheel while taking a photo (presumably using a mobile phone) would have been a traffic offence.

Elena
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [sheridanwilde@...]

Elena Moynihan

Thank you all for your responses !  It seems to me that perhaps we should be lobbying Camden to include (and publicise) a portal to report parking infringements such as parking on pavements/bike lanes/dangerous parking , what do you think ?

I saw one of the parking attendants yesterday and I asked him the question (who can I report this to) and he said the only way is to call the council whilst the infringement is in progress and they will send somebody who needs to see the infringement and then issue a ticket.  The idea of Camden Council doing anything immediately is so preposterous that I nearly laughed loud :-) !  so, this is clearly not an option, even if one did know which number to call ...

Elena

On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 at 13:19, Paul Allen via groups.io <paul_t_allen=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Excellent idea, Elena. We can do that, probably through Adam Harrison, but no harm in others emailing him too. Can't have Westminster doing a better job than Camden! Would probably still only be effective for persistent problems though.