CCC monthly meeting agenda ideas

Ema Arvati

Hello all,

Our next monthly meeting is next Monday the 19th and I was wondering if you have suggestions for the agenda.

So far we have Katy Rodda, the new LCC Network Coordinator coming to speak to us but not much else as we had the committee meeting recently .

Thank you

Ema

Steve Prowse

"Transport decarbonisation plan also sets out how the government will improve public transport and increase support for active travel to make them the natural first choice for all who can take them"

--
Steve Prowse
07779 145478

richendawalford

I’m confused – the link Steve posted, https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-publishes-worlds-first-greenprint-to-decarbonise-all-modes-of-domestic-transport-by-2050 is not actually a plan, instead it’s politicians boasting about their plan.  Has something been published?  Does anyone have a link?

Richenda Walford
London Remembers  & Facebook & Twitter: @LondonRemembers

George Walford International Essay Prize

https://www.lowtrafficislington.org/

"Transport decarbonisation plan also sets out how the government will improve public transport and increase support for active travel to make them the natural first choice for all who can take them"

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 at 10:48, Ema Arvati via groups.io <emanuela.arvati=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello all,

Our next monthly meeting is next Monday the 19th and I was wondering if you have suggestions for the agenda.

So far we have Katy Rodda, the new LCC Network Coordinator coming to speak to us but not much else as we had the committee meeting recently .

Thank you

Ema

--
Steve Prowse
07779 145478

Ema Arvati

Hi Richenda,

It has not officially been published yet but if I know more I will share the link before Monday. The gist of it is in the link below.

Ema

"Transport decarbonisation plan also sets out how the government will improve public transport and increase support for active travel to make them the natural first choice for all who can take them"

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 at 10:48, Ema Arvati via groups.io <emanuela.arvati=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello all,

Our next monthly meeting is next Monday the 19th and I was wondering if you have suggestions for the agenda.

So far we have Katy Rodda, the new LCC Network Coordinator coming to speak to us but not much else as we had the committee meeting recently .

Thank you

Ema

--

Steve Prowse
07779 145478

Mayer Hillman <mayer.hillman@...>

Dear Steve,

I was conducting research on the use of public transport some 30 to 40 years ago. It showed that investment in active transport – principally walking and cycling – was far more cost- effective and used than public transport and there should precede it not follow it. This is true though less so in London.

Can this be on the agenda though I am to immobile to attend the meeting.

Mayer Hillman

"Transport decarbonisation plan also sets out how the government will improve public transport and increase support for active travel to make them the natural first choice for all who can take them"

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 at 10:48, Ema Arvati via groups.io <emanuela.arvati=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello all,

Our next monthly meeting is next Monday the 19th and I was wondering if you have suggestions for the agenda.

So far we have Katy Rodda, the new LCC Network Coordinator coming to speak to us but not much else as we had the committee meeting recently .

Thank you

Ema

--

Steve Prowse
07779 145478

Tony Raven

If you read the Dutch Bicycle Masterplan, their research partly attributes low levels of cycling to better public transport.
p24 of http://www.hembrow.eu/studytour/TheDutchBicycleMasterPlan1999.pdf

--
Tony

Apologies for any typos; sent from my iPad