Re: [CCC] Bar-otomy : impressive conclusion

Jane Boardman <boardmanjane@...>

i have always found simpson's very helpful and knowledgable. being specific
about what features you want in an item helps jane

on 14/8/01 8:26 am, Paul Gasson at paulgasson@... wrote:

I received amazing service when I wheeled the barless Brompton into
Simpsons Cycles on Friday morning for repair.

A concerned Brian (the owner) ordered new handlebars from Brompton, and
following surgery on Saturday morning it was ready for collection in the
afternoon.
And I didn't have to pay a penny, despite the bike being over 3 years old
(ie way outside any warranty period).

I believe Brompton dispatched the replacement handlebars free of charge, and
Simpson's donated their labour.
Perhaps I get better than average service due to my local cycling role?

Has anyone else had exceptionally good or bad service from cycle shops?

Paul