Re: [CCC] RE: Contractors Render Royal College Street Cycle Track Unusable

mirog@...

From Mick Farrant,
22, Elaine Grove

I am now compelled to use the Royal College Track to get to work at Kings
Cross because of the appaling state of the road between the two stations (St
Pancras Way). This is extremely dangerous to cyclists.

There is absolutely no need for the Gabriel's lorries to use the cycle track
for delivering pallets of paving stones as showed in Lionel's pictures. All
they need to do is unload onto small trolleys and wheel them onto the sites.
The unloading is causing damage to the track as the stilts (bracing posts)
from the lorries make indents. It is normal practice for such lorries to put
wooden blocks under the stilts.

I assume that it is Camden Council who are the main contractors. The
officers concerned should ensure that the blockages and damage do not occur.

When roads are closed the Council has to seek an order and publicise this.
Does not this have to be the case for a cycle lane ?