Healthy School Streets

John Chamberlain

Camden have recently been consulting on a new series of Healthy School Streets. These schemes restrict motor traffic on streets outside schools during drop-off and pick-up times, making the roads safer, improving air quality and encouraging parents and children to walk, cycle or scoot. Many of the proposals also include improvements to cycle permeability and additional bike hangars.

The latest tranche includes two in the north of the borough which we think are very important. We will be responding as Camden Cycling Campaign in favour and we encourage you to do the same, especially to the one in West Hampstead, which covers a group of roads on the south side of Mill Lane:

https://consultations.wearecamden.org/supporting-communities/westhampsteadprimary/

You can see our summary of the three latest schemes with links to the consultations on our website at

https://camdencyclists.org.uk/2022/10/three-new-school-streets-nov-2022/

And a list of all the permanent and trial schemes in Camden is here: https://www.camden.gov.uk/healthy-school-streets#jauk

John Chamberlain

Camden Cycling Campaign