Re: Quick Win Improvements for Cycling

seymour susan

A couple more ideas for quick wins.
Replace the bike rack in Anglers Lane at the corner of Kentish Town Road. https://goo.gl/maps/kvV7xEKEN2uebnTV9
Allow cyclists to go left at the bottom of Royal College Street at all times except when there is green man for pedestrians. If you wait for the green light you miss the lights at the bottom of St. Pancras Way.
Going back to my Perrins Lane suggestion, I don't think we need to include blocking cars or taking away the parking. Just allow 2 way cycling and right turn at Heath St. for cycles.
Best wishes

Susan Seymour

On Sat, 24 Sept 2022 at 15:11, Steve Prowse <steve.prowse@...> wrote:
Dear Camden Cycle Campaign member.

This is a call to action & a challenge to each and every one of you to make at least one photo contribution.
Responding to consultations is probably the most important contribution that you can make to CCC and this is a close second.
Please send any ideas to quickwins@... and you may be lucky to have your idea turned into reality leading to a better/safer Camden for cycling.

Attached is an example, where a feeder into the ASL (Bike box) and double yellow lines would make a big difference - especially on weekends.
Please make it clear where your photo was taken. Ideally, have location settings on (so the GPS coordinates get saved with the picture). Please send one email per location and put the road name in the subject line.

image.png

We will show some other good examples at the next CCC meeting on 17th Oct. We also hope to see you at the next CCC social, bike workshop or led Ride. Keep an eye on the website for details.

It is fantastic to see cycling taking off in London and your contributions can keep cycling on the up.

Be safe & a role model to others.

//Steve (CCC Coordinator)

On Tue, 13 Sept 2022 at 10:56, John Chamberlain <john@...> wrote:

Some of you will remember that in the past we maintained a list of 'quick wins', mostly relating to permeability improvements (dropped kerbs, contraflow cycling etc), that Camden could do relatively cheaply and without extensive consultation. We last updated this list in 2019 which was the last time Camden had funds for this sort of programme but by then it had been very successful in making minor improvements.

Camden have asked us for more examples, specifically relating to cycle lanes and ASLs that are difficult to access because of parking and loading etc, or other obstructions. We already have some suggestions:

  • Difficulty of getting to the lane on Royal College Street southbound  where it starts on Kentish Town Road
  • Feeder lane to the ASL on Kentish Town Road northbound just south of Hawley Road blocked by parked vehicles
  • Feeder lane to the ASL on Hunter Street just south of Tavistock Place blocked by parked vehicles

Please send any ideas to quickwins@... . If you can include a photo or Streetview link that would be great.

Thanks