Re: Another Fatal Crash at Holborn

James Brander

Hallo all,
I shall lead a group ride to the LCC vigil event this afternoon, leaving the site of the Grafton Road, NW5 road closure at 5pm, aiming to arrive at Russell Square for assembly before heading for Holborn Station for the main vigil.
See you there,
James Brander

On Tue, 1 Mar 2022, 14:48 John Chamberlain, <john@...> wrote:

Tragically, another cyclist has died in a collision with an HGV in the Holborn Gyratory this morning, this time on High Holborn. This is the 8th cycling fatality in the area since 2008 and is just 6 months after the LCC protest there following Dr Marta Krawiec's death. Surely this has to be a catalyst for fast action to make all the junctions in the area safe.

LCC are organising a vigil outside Holborn Tube station on Friday at 6pm.

Article in the Evening Standard:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/cyclist-killed-rush-hour-crash-holborn-london-b985289.html

Our thoughts are with the friends and family of the victim.

Coordinator

Camden Cycling Campaign

W: camdencyclists.org.uk

E: john@...