Today ••• 9 Black History Landmarks Ride, Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 10:00 AM | Eventbrite

Steven Edwards

9 Black History Landmarks Ride

Revisiting a guide and discussion by historian Tony Warner as part of his Black History Walks and The Southbank Centre's Africa Utopia of 2017, we follow a route that takes us around 9 important London Black History landmarks and we learn some of the history surrounding them and the events they recall.

Heading through Brixton, up to the City of London and around the West End, we end up back in Notting Hill, before ending to our starting point.

Departure is from Brook Green, Hammersmith W6 7BD. We meet by the tennis courts next to Dunsanny Road. Please arrive by 9:45 as we will depart at 10:00.

This ride is further than the Sunday Easy Rides. The pace is not sporty but the overall distance may be around 25-30 miles. Please ensure you are comfortable with this level of exertion.

We recommend you bring bicycle lights in case it gets dark on the way home.

This ride is being put on by Hammersmith & Fulham Cyclists which is part of the London Cycling Campaign

Please do not turn up to this event if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19. The safety of our volunteers and participants is key to us.

We may contact you after the ride to ask you about your experiences and will let you know more ways to sign up to information from the London Cycling Campaign.

If you book onto this ride and find you are unable to attend

PLEASE TEXT 07975612368 to inform us so we do not have to look for you.