Re: Cycling suggestion help

Jean Dollimore

Yes, I agree. If you do choose the Olympic Park then I recommend the View Tube cafe for a place with outdoor seating and a light lunch/coffee etc. https://theviewtube.co.uk/

I would use Hackney Wick station which has lifts and is a very short walk to the River Lee canal towpath - make sure you go over the bridge before going down to the towpat..

Another time you could go the other way on the towpath to Hackney Marshes and the waterworks nature reserve or if you’re feeling energetic continue through Waltamstow Marshes to Waltamstow  Wetlands.

Jean

On 5 Oct 2021, at 09:03, Tony Raven <tony@...> wrote:

Queen Elizabeth (Olympic) Park which is a short walk from Hackney Wick or Stratford stations and is nice and flat?

--
Tony

Apologies for any typos; sent from my iPad

On 5 Oct 2021, at 07:57, Elena <elena.moynihan@...> wrote:

Good morning all,

I need a bit of help with a cycling suggestion please !

My grand-daughter is 18 months and we would love to take her on a cycling trip locally.  However, the directive is that we must never be sharing the road with cars ;-)

So basically I am looking for a fully segregated cycling loop or route that is not too long, and that can be reached easily either by car ( we have a great bike rack) or by overground trains where we can bring our bikes ( i.e. the North London line )

Any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance !
Elena