Re: Covent Garden Consultation - Short Deadline

seymour susan

Done.
Also I managed to talk to a few people at the street party and hand out some cards about York Way. It was a bit difficult to get into conversations as I didn't have a big sign and didn't want to be caught in large crowds.
Best wishes

Susan

On Fri, 10 Sept 2021 at 18:13, John Chamberlain <john@...> wrote:

Camden and Westminster are consulting on a Traffic Management scheme in Covent Garden including the Seven Dials area.  The deadline for responses is Monday 13th; apologies for the short notice.

Many of you will know that through traffic has been excluded from the Seven Dials area in Camden during the day since July 2020. If implemented, this new proposal would keep most of those changes and add restrictions on the Westminster side of the boundary. Details are here https://coventgarden.commonplace.is/about

You can respond here https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/CGEngagement/ . We understand that there is fairly significant opposition so please take a few minutes to do so and say you support the proposals. In our formal response we said:

  • We support the proposals but they don't go far enough
  • The whole area should be made into a proper low traffic neighbourhood by closing other rat-runs especially Great Queen Street
  • Monmouth Street should be closed to all traffic to retain its pedestrian nature.
  • All streets should be open to two-way cycling

Thanks and I hope you have a good weekend.

PS - We'll be at the Camden New Town Festival in Camden Square on Sunday. Maybe see some of you there! Details are on our website.

Coordinator

Camden Cycling Campaign

W: camdencyclists.org.uk

E: john@...