Re: Cars in bike lane

Mick Farrant

Strangely it seems as though traffic wardens are all self  isolating. Problem in our area of closed parking bays for removal vans populated by parked cars.

From: main@camdencyclists.groups.io <main@camdencyclists.groups.io> On Behalf Of EleNdubz
Sent: 26 July 2021 15:44
To: CCC <camdencyclists@groups.io>
Subject: [camdencyclists] Cars in bike lane

Hello all !

So today as I noticed yet another incident of people using bike lines as a parking spot, as I was walking rather than cycling I took a photo ( he was nicely blocking both the cycling lane and the pavement).

Don't really know what I was going to do with it, I was more interested in the fact that even black cabs are at it... Then the car driver spotted me taking the photo and started to shout abuse.  I had my headphones on so I didn't engage and I carried on walking;  he then got on the car, followed me, took both his hands off the steering wheel and took a photo of me walking down the pavement before speeding off.

So, notwithstanding the fact that this thug now has a photo of me on his phone, my question is, is there a traffic infringement portal we can post photos like these so they can be fined ?  I'm quite keen now :-)

Cheers

Elena