Re: Monthly meeting on Monday 21st

Mick Farrant

Suggest people read the CNJ two page article on this scheme. No monitoring of effects and impact on the disabled. Had the Council discussed a scheme with local people instead of imposing it unilaterally it could have worked. Read also GO Community page FB. As a cyclist of 45 years pedalling living in the area we do need to deal with commuting traffic. The Council got now £1.9m from GLA  - £1.1 back in Feb 2018. No work on broken pavements, potholes and blocked drains. We asked for a lights controlled crossing where a 15 year old was killed – no response. Those cycling along QC may notice at each end (Malden Road and Grafton Road) rising bollards in the road – a minor cycling hazard – These were put in over 20 years’ ago at a cost of ? £250k and have never been used. Cars regularly are forced to do 3 point turns outside Carlton school increasing pollution and dangers to pupils. Council officers advised local vehicle owners  to use Vicars Road despite it being narrow and having a care home and nursery school on it,  If councillors attend the meeting ask if they support the six month experiment. Only c 120 people living in the area support it.

Mick Farrant

From: main@camdencyclists.groups.io <main@camdencyclists.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ema Arvati via groups.io
Sent: 19 June 2021 17:03
To: Cycling group <main@camdencyclists.groups.io>
Subject: [camdencyclists] Monthly meeting on Monday 21st

Dear all,

Just following from the email John sent, this is a reminder that on Monday the 21st June at 7.30pm we have our monthly meeting.

We'll be discussing the newly installed scheme in Queen’s Crescent, how to get support when Camden consults on making the pop up lanes permanent as well as upcoming rides.

The Zoom meeting ID is 96626341261 with password 656179 and a link to the meeting is here.

Everyone interested in cycling in Camden is welcome - please could you make sure you are identifiable, i.e. have a recognisable screen name.

The agenda for Monday’s meeting is:

https://camdencyclists.org.uk/events/members-meeting-2021-06-21/

Hope to see you next week.

Ema 🚲😃💻