Re: Friday post: LGF this Thursday with Will Norman, and much more

Steven Edwards

The main suggestions from the meeting were to keep responding the mass of consultations on
ETO measures (many soon to reach the end of their temporary trial period).

There has indeed been an amazing amount of infra that’s gone in in the last year and a bit; the equivalent to perhaps several year’s worth under ’normal’ circumstances.
A problem for TfL has been ‘burn-out’ - with insufficient officers available to keep up with the pace of
change (facing off the noise of the opposition who remain persistent despite the positive ruling on the Bishopsgate measures).

The successful overturning of this JR (challenge by the pro-motoring lobby to the City measures), though positive
(and will likely be cited in further instances where motoring groups challenge active/healthy travel schemes), tereare still other JRs still to go to the courts.

The other main take-away from the meeting was to ensure your councillors receive positive feedback for the schemes that have gone in.

I referred to one of my preferred routes (from a wide choice across Camden), of Waterloo to Camden via Gower Street,
made possible by the simple contra-flow on Endell Street (in Covent Garden).

Steven

On 18 Jun 2021, at 15:14, EleNdubz <elena.moynihan@...> wrote:

Thank you for sending this link, for those of us who were not able to attend would it be possible to circulate any minutes/actions from the meeting ?

Whilst it is encouraging to hear about cycling infrastructure spending, historically this meant pointless painting on streets which serve no purpose and are routinely ignored:  how can we ensure we push TfL to spend this money on segregated structures ?

On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 at 13:44, John Chamberlain <john@...> wrote:
For those of you who are not subscribed to LCC's Friday post, I'm forwarding details of tonight's Local Group Forum with Will Norman. There will also be introductions to the new LCC staff so it should be worth attending, see below.