Car Free Megacities project:Reimagining Paris, London and New York - 3rd March 2021 2:00-6:00pm GMT

Steven Edwards

https://action.wearepossible.org/page/76268/subscribe/1

action.wearepossible.org

Reimagining Paris, London and New York

Car Free Megacities: Reimagining London, Paris and New York

3rd March 2021
2:00-6:00pm GMT | 3:00-7:00pm CET | 9:00am-1:00pm ES

Speakers including: Will Norman, Rachel Aldred, Jon Burke

Can you imagine a London, Paris and New York where cars take a back seat? How do we grow greener cities for people and nature post-pandemic? Join us for an international online vision-action event for citizens and decision makers.

On the 3rd March we’re bringing people together from across the globe for the launch of the Car Free Megacities project; a collaboration between Possible, the New Weather Institute, Paris sans Voiture, and Brooklyn Spoke spanning London, Paris and New York.

You’re welcome to join one, two or all three of the sessions.

Session 1 | Will cars become the third wheel in these global megacities?
2:00-3:20pm GMT | 3:00-4:20pm CET | 9:00-10:20am EST
Can we make private cars obsolete in London, Paris and New York? Join this session to get an intro to the Car Free Megacities project, and hear fresh takes on this key question from expert speakers from each city.

Session 2 | Parklets, cycle lanes and car clubs: how can communities redesign their cities?
3:40-4:40pm GMT | 4:40-5:40pm CET | 10:40-11:40am EST
What does the road to car free look like? How can we make it easy for people to get around without cars? In this session we will hear from a series of pioneers who have changed their cities for the better.

Session 3 | Cities for people: changing gears in London, Paris and New York
5:00-6:00pm GMT | 6:00-7:00pm CET | 12:00-1:00pm EST
What steps have these cities already taken to move away from car dominance, and what plans do they have in place for the future? Representatives from London, Paris and New York will present the latest initiatives from their city. Speakers including: Will Norman, the Mayor of London’s Walking & Cycling Commissioner.