Re: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods are a lot like the indoor smoking bans of a decade or so ago

Tony Raven

I don’t.  Euston Road is by far my quickest way between KGX, EUS, MYB, PAD.  The alternatives you suggest are much slower and more tortuous to navigate than the Euston Road bus lanes.  So no thanks please.

Tony

From: <main@camdencyclists.groups.io> on behalf of "Paul Allen via groups.io" <paul_t_allen@...>
Reply to: <main@camdencyclists.groups.io>
Date: Thursday, 17 September 2020 at 18:31
To: <main@camdencyclists.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [camdencyclists] Low Traffic Neighbourhoods are a lot like the indoor smoking bans of a decade or so ago

I agree with regards Euston Road. It would be better to redirect cyclists to Tavistock, Torrington etc, but please can we have the link to Howland Street fixed (it's been out of action for a year now) and get Westminster to create as good a parallel extension to that route.

Finchley Road needs CS11 brought back to life (Westminster again!) and the dangerous Swiss Cottage gyratory removed - they are horrible for motorists as well, due to the stress of "crossing the streams".

BTW, I cycled along the new bus & cycle only lanes at Bishopsgate and New Oxford Street - they are too narrow creating unnecessary danger for cyclists.

Regards, Paul

On 17 Sep 2020, at 18:08, John Stewart <john.stewart@...> wrote:

Based on recent experience in Islington, beware poorly designed LTNs bringing out new opponents of bicycle friendly measures, including from bicyclists.

And the sooner the bicycle lanes on Euston Road are removed, the better for the future of bicycling in London – the extra pollution from taking away two lanes is terrible – and as a bicyclist I would never use Euston Road for that reason, and because there is too much traffic.

John G Stewart
5 Alwyne Road
Canonbury, Islington
London N1 2HH
Home Telephone: 020 7359 4590
Mobile: 07841 112 094

Жизнь прожить – не поле перейти. [Life is not a walk across a field.]

– последняя линия «Гамлета», поэма Бориса Пастернака

[last line of “Hamlet”, a poem by Boris Pasternak, translated by Ann Pasternak Slater]