Re: CCC Monthly Meeting on Monday (17th) + Hampstead Road

seymour susan

HI John, hope to join you this evening. Please send link.
best wishes
Susan

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 at 18:05, John Chamberlain <john@...> wrote:
Don't forget our regular meeting on Monday - details plus draft agenda on the web at https://camdencyclists.org.uk/events/members-meeting-2020-08-17/ (apologies for short notice). Please let me know if you'd like to see anything else on the agenda.

Separately - I asked TfL whether cyclists could continue to use Hampstead Road during the planned closure of the southbound lane over the weekend of the 22nd/23rd and also what the plans were for the 13 month period starting next month when HS2 are taking half the road - see answers below (spoiler alert - "Yes" and "Working on it").

Have a good weekend - hope to see some of you on Monday.

Regards

John Chamberlain

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: RE: Streetspace for London - Hampstead Road
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 16:07:23 +0000
To: 'John Chamberlain' <john@...>

Hi John,

Please find responses to your two questions below.

Southbound cyclists can continue to use the facility on Hampstead Road and following your question the Project Manager is arranging for signage indicating this to be placed on the street.

Conversations are still ongoing with HS2, but we are hoping to retain as much as much cycle provision as possible. I will of course keep you updated as soon as I have any further information.

With best wishes,

Emily

Emily Fisher

Engagement Officer - West | Local Communities and Partnerships

Mobile: 07961 213577 | EmilyFisher@...

Sent: 14 August 2020 14:39
To: Fisher Emily <EmilyFisher@...>
Subject: Re: Streetspace for London - Hampstead Road

Thanks, Emily. I have two questions:

1. Will southbound cyclists be able to use Hampstead Road during the works or will they also need to use the diversion route?
  2. I understand that HS2 will be closing the northbound lanes of Hampstead Road between Varndell Street and Granby Terrace for 13 months from late September, with all traffic using the current southbound lane. I assume that this will mean that all the cycle facilities will have to be removed, or are there any plans to maintain protected lanes?

Regards

John

John Chamberlain

Coordinator

Camden Cycling Campaign

W: camdencyclists.org.uk

E: john@...

T: +44 20 7485 2685

M: +44 788 755 2391

On 14/08/20 12:17, Fisher Emily wrote:

Good afternoon,

I hope this email finds you well.

As part of the Mayor’s ‘Streetspace for London’ programme, we have been working to quickly transform London’s streets to accommodate increases in cycling and walking, as lockdown restrictions are eased.

At the beginning of June, we introduced temporary pop-up cycle facilities to aid safe active travel and social distancing in Camden on Hampstead Road, Oakley Square, Lidlington Place and Harrington Square. These urgent and necessary measures have provided quick-to-install cycle facilities to help protect those choosing to cycle on one of London’s known strategic cycling corridors. This has provided a route for cyclists in this area and enabled public transport to be used by those who need it most.

To complete the scheme, we will be installing a bus stop bypass near Netley Street, and applying blue surface colouring on the road. Both of these measures will improve cycle safety.

To put these measures in place, there will be a southbound closure of Hampstead Road from Harrington Square to Euston Road, from 08:00 on 22 August until 18:00 on 23 August. During this time southbound buses will be diverted. There will also be closures of Drummond Street, Robert Street and Varndell Street at their junctions with Hampstead Road (on the western side only) to facilitate the blue surface colouring.

Working hours will be 08:00 – 18:00, to reduce disruption for local residents by avoiding night works.

I’ve noted the diversion routes below:

Diversion for Hampstead Road southbound closure:

Camden High Street – Plender Street – Camden Street – Crowndale Road – Pancras Road – Midland Road – Euston Road

Local traffic diversion for side road closures:

Stanhope Street – Park Village East – Mornington Street

I hope this information is helpful. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions. I’ve also included a link to the website for our Streetspace initiative, where key temporary changes to support walking and cycling and make active travel more viable are explained in more detail: https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/improvements-and-projects/streetspace-for-london

With best wishes

Emily

Emily Fisher

Engagement Officer - West | Local Communities and Partnerships

Mobile: 07961 213577 | EmilyFisher@...

***********************************************************************************

The contents of this e-mail and any attached files are confidential. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately at postmaster@... and remove it from your system. If received in error, please do not use, disseminate, forward, print or copy this email or its content. Transport for London excludes any warranty and any liability as to the quality or accuracy of the contents of this email and any attached files.

Transport for London is a statutory corporation whose principal office is at 5 Endeavour Square, London, E20 1JN. Further information about Transport for London’s subsidiary companies can be found on the following link: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/about-tfl/

Although TfL have scanned this email (including attachments) for viruses, recipients are advised to carry out their own virus check before opening any attachments, as TfL accepts no liability for any loss, or damage which may be caused by viruses.

***********************************************************************************

--
Best wishes

Susan Seymour
twitter: @sseymour137

Join main@camdencyclists.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.