Re: Cycle Orbital - a request

Steven Edwards

Hi Martin,

yes it all looks really fantastic (more incentive to apply for my travel pass..!)

Just some minor points I might suggest re format.

On the home page:

1) Perhaps change colour red of text heading for “Welcome” (hard to read against background).

2) The text for:

 “Cycle Orbital... a network of cycleways ringing the capital, accessed from Oysterzone stations.

For all cyclists, from novice to athlete, the routes comprise twelve Arcs, Spokes and Spinoffs, connecting Londoners to Southeast England - and beyond.

Devise and download your rail-assisted outing on quiet byways and off-road cycle paths - and discover the riches on your doorstep at the urban periphery."

is legible but could do with being a couple of notches larger perhaps?

3) The pictures are excellent and inviting - but if possible replace the ‘maps’ in the ‘maps & locks’ one?

On first viewing, not apparent as maps?.

These are only minor points - still look forward to trying out some of these rides.

(Well done for getting Alan Bennett’s testimonial!)

Thanks,

Steven

On 31 Jul 2020, at 12:25, Martin Nelson via groups.io <martin.nelson@...> wrote:

Dear CCC members,

my recreational cycling project, Cycle Orbital (formerly C25), is nearing the point when this website can be made public:
https://london-cycle-orbital.org.uk/

At which point it will be linked to Cycling UK website, and receive some launch PR. The site has been built by Anthony Cartmell of Fonant He's done a great job to map 750 miles of interlinked routes in a smoothly-operating site.
I would be very grateful for any feedback as we tackle some snagging, make graphic and visual decisions, and add information in the coming days. I will be allowed 'under the bonnet' next week to edit and add.

There is a specific omission; I have very few pictures of cyclists on the routes. I recce'd this network in free time as a 'man on a mission' - thousands of miles of cycling - and had no time to invite friends along or photograph passing cyclists.
If you happen to have ridden any of the routes and can trawl through your photo library, then give me permission use one, that would be great. Mamil pictures are fine, but any of women and children are especially welcomed.

many thanks
Martin