Latest Covid-19 Traffic Measures

John Chamberlain

Dear Supporter

We're asking you to email your councillors.

Camden have just announced a new series of measures designed to re-allocate road space from motor traffic to pedestrians, cyclists, visitors on foot and outdoor cafes. See https://news.camden.gov.uk/camden-council-takes-action-to-make-travel-safer-and-healthier/

The measures include
  • Low Traffic Neighbourhoods (through motor traffic banned) in the areas round Kingsgate Road, South Hampstead, Arlington Road, Camden Square, Kentish Town and Seven Dials.
  • Further pop up cycle lanes on Chalk Farm Road, York Way (extending northwards), Haverstock Hill, St Pancras Way, Fitzjohns Avenue and Adelaide Road.
  • “Streateries” i.e. areas for al fresco dining with motor vehicles restricted in Fitzrovia, Drummond Street and Seven Dials.
  • Traffic restrictions in Holborn and the West End project areas.
  • 8 more Healthy School Streets (streets closed to motor vehicles at the start and end of the school day).
We expect fairly serious and organised opposition to these measures, especially the LTNs, so assuming you like what you see and especially if you live in or near one of the areas above, or use the roads as part of the cycling journeys, please email your local councillors and copy Adam Harrison (adam.harrison@...) to voice your support. If you don't do this councillors only ever hear from people opposed to the schemes, which need and deserve our support.

As the plans become more developed we'll publish them and ask those of you who live in the chosen areas to write again, supporting the specific details.

Thanks in advance for this; do engage on this forum if you have comments/suggestions.

Coordinator

Camden Cycling Campaign

W: camdencyclists.org.uk

E: john@...