From: <main@camdencyclists.groups.io> on behalf of David Lincoln <tpc2s@...>
Reply to: <main@camdencyclists.groups.io>
Date: Thursday, 25 June 2020 at 15:22
To: "main@camdencyclists.groups.io" <main@camdencyclists.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [camdencyclists] Proposed Meeting with Daniel Glaser

I saw this about the Dutch Reach which suggests it will be part of the Highway Code. I’m not sure if that happened/ will happen

On 23 Jun 2020, at 23:18, Steven Edwards <stevenaedw@...> wrote:

 https://www.cyclinguk.org/dutchreach

Why do the Dutch Reach?

Every year, over 500 people across England, Wales and Scotland are injured because someone opens a car door into their path - and these are just the injuries which are reported to police - many more are never reported. If we want more people cycling more safely, we need everyone to make this simple technique an everyday habit.

On 23 Jun 2020, at 17:33, Berwyn Rutherford <berwynr@...> wrote:

Would it be possible to have a campaign for drivers to open their car doors with their left hands so they see a cyclist approaching?. I think that drivers are encouraged to do that in Holland

Berwyn