News From Elsewhere - weekly round-up

Steven Edwards <stevenaedwards@...>

Bike lanes don’t clog up our roads, they keep London moving <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/12/bike-lanes-dont-clog-up-our-roads-they-keep-london-moving/>
December 2, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18349&action=edit>
the guardian) Bike lanes don’t clog up our roads, they keep London moving Friday 1 December 2017 12.20 GMT Congestion isn’t exactly the most fashionable political topic of our times, but it is a problem that threatens London’s status as a well-functioning, competitive global city. Businesses need to be able to make and receive reliable… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/12/bike-lanes-dont-clog-up-our-roads-they-keep-london-moving/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
RDRF I Policing of close passing of cyclists in the UK: update on progress Nov 2017 <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/12/rdrf-i-policing-of-close-passing-of-cyclists-in-the-uk-update-on-progress-nov-2017/>
December 1, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18348&action=edit>
Road Danger Reduction Forum) Policing of close passing of cyclists in the UK: update on progress by November 2017 On September 19th the Road Danger Reduction Forum, in partnership with West Midlands Police, held a training day on “Policing close passing of cyclists and related behaviours” courtesy of West Midlands Fire Service in Birmingham. Below… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/12/rdrf-i-policing-of-close-passing-of-cyclists-in-the-uk-update-on-progress-nov-2017/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
New study uncovers the ‘keystone domino’ strategy of climate denial <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/12/new-study-uncovers-the-keystone-domino-strategy-of-climate-denial/>
December 1, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18347&action=edit>
the guardian) New study uncovers the ‘keystone domino’ strategy of climate denial Dana Nuccitelli Wednesday 29 November 2017 17.17 GMT The body of evidence supporting human-caused global warming is vast – too vast for climate denial blogs to attack it all. Instead they focus on what a new study published in the journal Bioscience calls… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/12/new-study-uncovers-the-keystone-domino-strategy-of-climate-denial/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Seven London boroughs compete for £114 million Liveable Neighbourhoods cash <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/12/seven-london-boroughs-compete-for-114-million-liveable-neighbourhoods-cash/>
December 1, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18345&action=edit>
road cc) Seven London boroughs compete for £114 million Liveable Neighbourhoods cash Simon MacMichael November 30 2017 Seven London boroughs are vying for a share of £114 million in funding to help boost cycling, walking and use of public transport in their local areas. Projects that could benefit from the money include one in the… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/12/seven-london-boroughs-compete-for-114-million-liveable-neighbourhoods-cash/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
More than half of American children set to be obese by age 35, study finds <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/more-than-half-of-american-children-set-to-be-obese-by-age-35-study-finds/>
November 30, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18344&action=edit>
the guardian) More than half of American children set to be obese by age 35, study finds Jessica Glenza in New York Thursday 30 November 2017 14.16 GMT More than half of children growing up in America today could be obese by the time they are middle-aged, according to new projections. Harvard University’s TH Chan… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/more-than-half-of-american-children-set-to-be-obese-by-age-35-study-finds/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
European Cyclists Federation joins forces with global sustainable development org to drive active travel uptake <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/european-cyclists-federation-joins-forces-with-global-sustainable-development-org-to-drive-active-travel-uptake/>
November 30, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18341&action=edit>
<http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/european-cyclists-federation-joins-forces-with-global-sustainable-development-org-to-drive-active-travel-uptake/>
Cycle Industry News) European Cyclists Federation joins forces with global sustainable development org to drive active travel uptake 29 November, 2017 Mark Sutton The European Cyclists’ Federation (ECF) and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) have announced a partnership on SiMPlify, the WBCSD’s Sustainable Urban Mobility project. The cycling advocacy organization, alongside the… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/european-cyclists-federation-joins-forces-with-global-sustainable-development-org-to-drive-active-travel-uptake/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Italy could Go Dutch via new cycling mobility law <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/italy-could-go-dutch-via-new-cycling-mobility-law/>
November 29, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18340&action=edit>
Bike Biz) Italy could Go Dutch via new cycling mobility law Carlton Reid Wednesday, November 29th 2017 at 4:18PM GMT The Italian Chamber of Deputies has approved the so-called Framework Law on Cycling Mobility. All political groups agreed on the importance of a national push to cycling mobility, a measure promoted by the Italian Federation… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/italy-could-go-dutch-via-new-cycling-mobility-law/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Study: Wearing hi-vis while cycling can INCREASE chance of collision (see also 2013 research found no matter what clothing is worn, approx 1-2% of drivers will pass dangerously close) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/study-wearing-hi-vis-while-cycling-can-increase-chance-of-collision-see-also-2013-research-found-no-matter-what-clothing-is-worn-approx-1-2-of-drivers-will-pass-dangerously-close/>
November 29, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18339&action=edit>
road cc) Study finds that wearing hi-vis can INCREASE chance of collision while cycling Alex Bowden November 28 2017 Research from the Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust and Nottingham University has found “increased odds of a collision crash” among cyclists who wear reflective clothing. The transport minister, Jesse Norman, recently said that an upcoming government… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/study-wearing-hi-vis-while-cycling-can-increase-chance-of-collision-see-also-2013-research-found-no-matter-what-clothing-is-worn-approx-1-2-of-drivers-will-pass-dangerously-close/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
S Yorks Police confirm close pass operation is underway following pressure from campaigners <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/s-yorks-police-confirm-close-pass-operation-is-underway-following-pressure-from-campaigners/>
November 29, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18338&action=edit>
road cc) South Yorkshire Police confirm close pass operation is underway following pressure from campaigners Alex Bowden November 29 2017 After initially rejecting such a move citing a low number of cyclist fatalities in the region, South Yorkshire Police has now confirmed that it has a dedicated team of officers running a close pass operation… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/s-yorks-police-confirm-close-pass-operation-is-underway-following-pressure-from-campaigners/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Cycle paths at risk under government plans to restore disused railway lines <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/cycle-paths-at-risk-under-government-plans-to-restore-disused-railway-lines/>
November 29, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18337&action=edit>
road cc) Cycle paths at risk under government plans to restore disused railway lines Simon MacMichael November 29 2017 Cycle paths along the routes of disused rail lines may be under threat after the government said that it is considering restoring some lines that were axed half a century ago for use by trains. Sustrans… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/cycle-paths-at-risk-under-government-plans-to-restore-disused-railway-lines/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>

George Monbiot I Dirty air is killing our children. Why does the government let this happen? <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/george-monbiot-i-dirty-air-is-killing-our-children-why-does-the-government-let-this-happen/>
November 29, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18332&action=edit>
the guardian) Dirty air is killing our children. Why does the government let this happen? George Monbiot Wednesday 29 November 2017 05.59 GMT Deregulation, the government and many newspapers assure us, saves money and time and reduces frustration. That’s the theory. But, as I see every day, it doesn’t quite work like this. My youngest… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/george-monbiot-i-dirty-air-is-killing-our-children-why-does-the-government-let-this-happen/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
New housing and office infrastructure to require doubled cycle parking in London <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/new-housing-and-office-infrastructure-to-require-doubled-cycle-parking-in-london/>
November 29, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18328&action=edit>
Cycle Industry News) New housing and office infrastructure to require doubled cycle parking in London 28 November, 2017 Mark Sutton A draft housing plan to be published later this week will include ambitious new proposals to encourage Londoners out of their cars and on to to bikes. As has been seen in Singapore, the proposals… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/new-housing-and-office-infrastructure-to-require-doubled-cycle-parking-in-london/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
The Times retracts its false cycle-helmet compulsion cover story <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/the-times-retracts-its-false-cycle-helmet-compulsion-cover-story/>
November 29, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18331&action=edit>
Bike Biz) The Times retracts its false cycle-helmet compulsion cover story Carlton Reid Tuesday, November 28th 2017 at 2:05PM GMT The Times has admitted a cover story about cycle-helmet compulsion on last Friday’s paper was wrong. In the easily-missed corrections and clarifications column the newspaper says that its story was “misleading”. On the day, BikeBiz… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/the-times-retracts-its-false-cycle-helmet-compulsion-cover-story/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Chris Boardman: Support British Cycling’s Turning the Corner campaign <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/chris-boardman-support-british-cyclings-turning-the-corner-campaign/>
November 29, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18327&action=edit>
british cycling Chris Boardman: Support British Cycling’s Turning the Corner campaign In December 2016, Chris Boardman launched a passionate plea asking people to support British Cycling’s Turning the Corner campaign by signing a petition lobbying the government to create safer and simpler road junctions. The petition, which attracted over 27,000 signatures and subsequently led 5000… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/chris-boardman-support-british-cyclings-turning-the-corner-campaign/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Academy school makes cycle helmets compulsory and says it will suspend pupils who ride on the pavement <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/academy-school-makes-cycle-helmets-compulsory-and-says-it-will-suspend-pupils-who-ride-on-the-pavement/>
November 29, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18326&action=edit>
road cc) Academy school makes cycle helmets compulsory and says it will suspend pupils who ride on the pavement Alex Bowden November 28 2017 Sandringham School in St Albans says it will suspend children if they’re caught riding to school on the pavement. It has also said that no child will be allowed to cycle… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/academy-school-makes-cycle-helmets-compulsory-and-says-it-will-suspend-pupils-who-ride-on-the-pavement/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Five minutes with: oBike <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/five-minutes-with-obike/>
November 29, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18325&action=edit>
Bike Biz) Five minutes with: oBike Kieran Howells Tuesday, November 28th 2017 at 8:04AM GMT In our latest series, we’re getting to grips with the brands that you deal with every day. The ‘Five minutes with’ series will present a company with five short, sharp and to-the-point questions about who they are and what they… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/five-minutes-with-obike/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
LCC and Ofo partner up to get London biking <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/lcc-and-ofo-partner-up-to-get-london-biking/>
November 29, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18324&action=edit>
road cc) London Cycling Campaign and Ofo partner up to get the capital biking Sarah Barth November 27 2017 London Cycling Campaign have paired up with the dockless bike hire company Ofo to get more Londoners on bikes – with benefits for members. LCC will be helping advise the firm on how to reach its… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/lcc-and-ofo-partner-up-to-get-london-biking/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Influential annual cycle conference to be staged in Manchester in 2018 <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/influential-annual-cycle-conference-to-be-staged-in-manchester-in-2018/>
November 29, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18323&action=edit>
Bike Biz) Influential annual cycle conference to be staged in Manchester in 2018 Carlton Reid Tuesday, November 28th 2017 at 1:11PM GMT Manchester is on a roll – the city’s new protected cycleways recently chalked up a millionth journey, and, in July, Chris Boardman was unveiled as the region’s cycling and walking commissioner. Now, in… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/influential-annual-cycle-conference-to-be-staged-in-manchester-in-2018/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Tonight in Brooklyn: Vigil for Edwin Ajacalon, age 14, killed on his bike <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/tonight-in-brooklyn-vigil-for-edwin-ajacalon-age-14-killed-on-his-bike/>
November 27, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18320&action=edit>
facebook) Community Vigil for Edwin Ajacalon Begin forwarded message: From: “Caroline Samponaro, TransAlt” <feedback> Subject: Tonight in Brooklyn: Vigil for Edwin Ajacalon, Age 14, Killed on His Bike Date: 27 November 2017 at 17:44:25 GMT To: “Steven Edwards” <stevenaedwards> Reply-To: “Caroline Samponaro, TransAlt” <feedback> Dear Steven, On Saturday, at the corner of 23rd Street and… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/tonight-in-brooklyn-vigil-for-edwin-ajacalon-age-14-killed-on-his-bike/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
More evidence that the Olympics won’t fix your city <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/more-evidence-that-the-olympics-wont-fix-your-city/>
November 27, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18316&action=edit>
CITYLAB) The London Olympics Didn’t Improve Life In East London FEARGUS O’SULLIVAN NOV 20, 2017 Looking back from Britain’s current chaotic state, the 2012 Summer Olympics seems like a golden era. Bringing the world’s attention to a run-down part on the city’s east side, the London Games succeeded in promoting a vision of the city… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/more-evidence-that-the-olympics-wont-fix-your-city/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>

January 2012 Peter Hitchens I One Reason Why I hate Cars…(rational excepting the RLJ stuff: SE) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/january-2012-peter-hitchens-i-one-reason-why-i-hate-cars-rational-excepting-the-rlj-stuff-se/>
November 27, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18311&action=edit>
Mail Online) http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2012/01/one-reason-why-i-hate-cars-and-a-brief-note-on-lifestyle-choices.html One Reason Why I hate Cars Peter Hitchens 18 January 2012 1:34 PM On Sunday morning a woman rushed out of a side road in a quiet Oxford suburb, violently knocked me off my bicycle and mangled the machine I was riding. Quite understandable, some of you may think. It’s the only… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/january-2012-peter-hitchens-i-one-reason-why-i-hate-cars-rational-excepting-the-rlj-stuff-se/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>, Uncategorized <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/uncategorized/>
Chris Boardman I Compulsory helmet laws won’t make cycling safer <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/chris-boardman-i-compulsory-helmet-laws-wont-make-cycling-safer/>
November 27, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18307&action=edit>
British Cycling) Chris Boardman Compulsory helmet laws won’t make cycling safer As the debate around cycle safety, and in particular helmet use, continues to rage, British Cycling policy advisor, Chris Boardman, writes about the danger of introducing compulsory helmet laws. In the late 1980s, as a response to her child being struck by a car… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/chris-boardman-i-compulsory-helmet-laws-wont-make-cycling-safer/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Peter Hitchens I Cycle helmets for everyone will put more lives at risk (again rational excepting the RLJ stuff: SE) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/cycle-helmets-for-everyone-will-put-more-lives-at-risk-peter-hitchens/>
November 27, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18304&action=edit>
The Mail On Sunday) Cycle helmets for everyone? That will put more lives at risk Peter Hitchens PUBLISHED: 00:45, 26 November 2017 | UPDATED: 08:42, 26 November 2017 Daily I risk death or serious injury on the roads, simply because I ride a bicycle. I know the danger, but I’d rather face it than box… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/cycle-helmets-for-everyone-will-put-more-lives-at-risk-peter-hitchens/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>, Uncategorized <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/uncategorized/>
Cycleways cause congestion? Tosh, says TfL <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/cycleways-cause-congestion-tosh-says-tfl-bicycle-business-bikebiz/>
November 27, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18303&action=edit>
Bike Biz) Cycleways cause congestion? Tosh, says TfLMonday, Carlton Reid November 27th 2017 at 10:21AM GMT A Freedom of Information request from a questionner hoping to show that the building of a Cycle Superhighway in London led to increased congestion has resulted in the opposite. Transport for London replied that some of the capital’s protected… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/cycleways-cause-congestion-tosh-says-tfl-bicycle-business-bikebiz/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Ofo’s 150,000 dockless bike drop in London to be steered by LCC <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/ofos-150000-dockless-bike-drop-in-london-to-be-steered-by-lcc/>
November 27, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18302&action=edit>
Bike Biz) Ofo’s 150,000 dockless bike drop in London to be steered by LCC Carlton Reid Monday, November 27th 2017 at 8:05AM GMT London Cycling Campaign members will help steer the spread of dockless bikes thanks to a deal signed with Ofo, China’s largest operator. LCC will advise Ofo to help best meet the needs… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/ofos-150000-dockless-bike-drop-in-london-to-be-steered-by-lcc/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
How to get the most out of cycling in winter <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/how-to-get-the-most-out-of-cycling-in-winter/>
November 27, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18300&action=edit>
the guardian) How to get the most out of cycling in winter Peter Walker Monday 27 November 2017 07.00 GMT The nights have well and truly drawn in, and for many Britons the frosts have arrived. Time to pack away the bike for a few months? Don’t be tempted. Cycling, particularly bike commuting, can bring… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/how-to-get-the-most-out-of-cycling-in-winter/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Making Streets Safer: A Guide To Filtered Permeability (First Edition, November 2017) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/making-streets-safer-a-guide-to-filtered-permeability-first-edition-november-2017/>
November 26, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18297&action=edit>
www.cityinfinity.co.uk) Designing for active urban travel https://cityinfinity.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/making-streets-safer-a-guide-to-filtered-permeability.pdf Published by City Infinity. All rights reserved. We are happy for this document to be shared, but it must be shared complete and not changed in any way, nor can it be charged for commercially. We are happy for this document to be referenced with credit by voluntary,… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/making-streets-safer-a-guide-to-filtered-permeability-first-edition-november-2017/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>, Uncategorized <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/uncategorized/>
Ranty: Five Years Of Blogging <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/ranty-five-years-of-blogging/>
November 26, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18296&action=edit>
The Ranty Highwayman) Five Years Of Blogging This week celebrates 5 years since I started this blog and what a revelation these years have been. For something which was started out of frustration and with a feeling of disconnection from my profession, it has constantly reignited my enthusiasm for civil engineering. I wrote a bit… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/ranty-five-years-of-blogging/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Carlisle cyclist injured after being deliberately run down by white VW van driver <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/carlisle-cyclist-injured-after-being-deliberately-run-down-by-white-vw-van-driver/>
November 25, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18295&action=edit>
road cc) Carlisle cyclist injured after driver knocked him off bike on purpose A Carlisle man has appealed for witnesses to an alleged incident in which he was deliberately knocked off his bike by a motorist. Writing on Facebook, Steve Alecock said he “could have been killed” in a confrontation with a motorist in the… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/carlisle-cyclist-injured-after-being-deliberately-run-down-by-white-vw-van-driver/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
UPS to trial bikes with e-trailers for central London deliveries (+ video) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/ups-to-trial-bikes-with-e-trailers-for-central-london-deliveries-video/>
November 25, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18294&action=edit>
road cc) UPS to trial bikes with e-trailers for central London deliveries (+ video) Alex Bowden November 25 2017 UPS is trialling a new urban delivery system in London and says that if successful, it could change the way packages are delivered in UK cities. The Low Impact City Logistics project involves a bike and… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/ups-to-trial-bikes-with-e-trailers-for-central-london-deliveries-video/>

Mobike v Ofo: Islington allows rival dockless bike share firms to compete but Cycle Islington says more needs to be done if cycling is to take off <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/mobike-v-ofo-islington-allows-rival-dockless-bike-share-firms-to-compete-but-cycle-islington-says-more-needs-to-be-done-if-cycling-is-to-take-off/>
November 25, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18293&action=edit>
road cc) Mobike v Ofo as Islington allows rival dockless bike share firms to compete Alex Bowden November 24 2017 Islington council has given permission for Mobike to launch 200 of its bikes. It thus becomes the first London borough to allow multiple dockless bike-share firms to compete for users. Mobike will be up against… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/mobike-v-ofo-islington-allows-rival-dockless-bike-share-firms-to-compete-but-cycle-islington-says-more-needs-to-be-done-if-cycling-is-to-take-off/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
TfL’s new business plan expects 45% growth in London cycle usage <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/tfls-new-business-plan-expects-45-growth-in-london-cycle-usage/>
November 25, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18292&action=edit>
Bike Biz) TfL’s new business plan expects 45% growth in London cycle usage Carlton Reid Saturday, November 25th 2017 Cycle usage has grown massively in London since the introduction of the congestion charge in 2003 – on the current trajectory, cycle use in central London during the morning peak will soon overtake use of private… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/tfls-new-business-plan-expects-45-growth-in-london-cycle-usage/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
The Times now whimpers on cycling when before it thundered (see poor reporting by Graeme Paton) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/the-times-now-whimpers-on-cycling-when-before-it-thundered-see-poor-reporting-by-graeme-paton/>
November 25, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18291&action=edit>
Bike Biz) The Times now whimpers on cycling when before it thunderedCarlton Reid Saturday, November 25th 2017 at 11:36AM GMT Yesterday the front cover of The Times led with a false claim that the government was considering mandating cycle helmet use. Citing BikeBiz, transport minister Jesse Norman quickly stamped on the newspaper’s easily disproved claim,… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/the-times-now-whimpers-on-cycling-when-before-it-thundered-see-poor-reporting-by-graeme-paton/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Sadiq Khan to draw up charter, based on proposal by Siân Berry, regulating pseudo-public space <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/sadiq-khan-to-draw-up-charter-based-on-proposal-by-sian-berry-regulating-pseudo-public-space/>
November 25, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18290&action=edit>
the guardian) London mayor to draw up charter regulating pseudo-public space Jack Shenker Thursday 23 November 2017 12.02 GMT The mayor of London will draw up a new charter regulating the management of privately owned public spaces, following a Guardian Cities investigation which uncovered growing corporate control over parks and squares in the capital. The… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/sadiq-khan-to-draw-up-charter-based-on-proposal-by-sian-berry-regulating-pseudo-public-space/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Labour Party Member ashamed at lack of ambition and action <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/labour-party-member-ashamed-at-lack-of-ambition-and-action/>
November 25, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18289&action=edit>
Cycle Islington) Labour Party Member ashamed at lack of ambition and action Labour Party member Chris Kenyon is proud of Labour controlled Islington Council’s record on social justice, such as being the first Living Wage landlord in the country. But ashamed of the total lack of ambition and action on active travel (i.e. walking and… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/labour-party-member-ashamed-at-lack-of-ambition-and-action/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
4 Sep 2017) Police accused of victim-shaming after cyclist deaths in Manchester <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/4-sep-2017-police-accused-of-victim-shaming-after-cyclist-deaths-in-manchester/>
November 25, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18288&action=edit>
the guardian) Police accused of victim-shaming after cyclist deaths in Manchester Helen Pidd North of England editor Monday 4 September 2017 13.04 BST A police force has apologised after it was accused of victim-shaming an 18-year-old cyclist killed in an accident by suggesting people riding bikes should not weave in and out of traffic. Oliwia… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/4-sep-2017-police-accused-of-victim-shaming-after-cyclist-deaths-in-manchester/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
No plan to make cycle helmets compulsory in safety review – minister <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/no-plan-to-make-cycle-helmets-compulsory-in-safety-review-minister/>
November 25, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18287&action=edit>
the guardian) No plan to make cycle helmets compulsory in safety review – minister Jamie Grierson Friday 24 November 2017 12.50 GMT A government review of cycle safety will consider submissions calling for helmets to be made compulsory, but the Department for Transport has played down the likelihood of the idea becoming a reality. Jesse… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/no-plan-to-make-cycle-helmets-compulsory-in-safety-review-minister/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>
Good Cycling Facility of the Week: 23/11/17 | CEoGB <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/good-cycling-facility-of-the-week-231117-ceogb/>
November 25, 2017 By CamdenCyclist <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/author/CamdenCyclist/> (Edit) <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=18286&action=edit>
Cycling Embassy of Great Britain) Good Cycling Facility of the Week: 23rd November 2017 This week’s Good Facility is a cycling and walking underpass in the Dutch town of Lent in Gelderland. This wide cycleway (with separate footway) passes directly underneath a major road, on a shallow gradient, providing a direct and delay-free connection between… [Read More] <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/2017/11/good-cycling-facility-of-the-week-231117-ceogb/>
Filed Under: Other News <http://camdencyclists.org.uk/category/other-news/>