Re: [CCC] The Brexiters' dream is a post-Imperal delusion: A Vole's perspective

Ross Corben <rc015g2947@...>

schemes may take more to implement as eastern Europeans un-come over here and un-take jobs that Brits wouldn’t do without being paid more if we dont have an MP vote about ignoring the referendum (which was 50:50 near as damn it, should have a ‘leave a bit’) or another one in the next 3 months, depending on who’s left in the Commons from Monday onwards

Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2016 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: [CCC] The Brexiters' dream is a post-Imperal delusion: A Vole's perspective

Difficult to say re influence of free movement generally, but we certainly wouldn't have had Royal College Street & Tavistock Place without the earlier more restricted version of movement of labour in EC in 1980s.

Regarding the effect of the Out vote on prospects for cycle campaigning, I fear that all things European will become undesirable objects for politicians of any level to propose as a 'we'll do it our way' mentality will probably set in. Using terms like Go Dutch or Mini-Holland may not not be the best strategy in the immediate future.

On a general point, this is probably not the end of the matter as there may well be a powerful case for a referendum to ratify or reject the negotiated EU exit agreement when a lot more detail of what it entails will be available.

Paul