From: mailto:CamdenCyclingCampaign@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 7:45 PM
To: CamdenCyclingCampaign@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CCC] Re: RCS extension

Hi
I hate to sound negative, but compromise to make the aim useless is not a surprise in cycle schemes.

Here is today's pass on Gloucester Avenue NW1 which has a sheet cycle at over a car scheme and bus stop. If cyclist were legally required to stay in the path, they would need to pull out and return many times within tens of metres.
The photo shows just after paving and old lines returned. This facility came out of a cycling transport initiative....

Bye for now

Douglas

On 2 Jun 2016, at 18:36, Anthony anthony.hynes@btopenworld.com [CamdenCyclingCampaign] <CamdenCyclingCampaign@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Thanks for the reply John. I had a closer look tonight. Paint has been added to denote a loading bay, with. space for 2cars, which there were at 6pm. The sign on the lamppost indicates normal 8.30 to 18.30 parking restrictions, but this may be left over from previous arrangements and could be due to be replaced. However I would say that the kerb arrangements are no good for cyclists, they are not lowered before or after the 2 car spaces, which renders the path pretty useless for cyclists I am afraid if occupied. Might be worth keeping on eye on whether the Council sort this out before it officially opens.

Regards

Anthony
3b. Re: RCS extension
Posted by: "John Chamberlain" jxchamberlain@candg.me.uk jxchamberlain
Date: Wed Jun 1, 2016 12:11 pm ((PDT))

We're following up on this. As a result of the consultation, Camden
designed a loading bay in that location, for use outside peak hours. We
objected of course. But there certainly was never any mention of
parking. There was supposed to be no kerb between the carriageway and
the cycle track/loading bay for several meters before and after.

From what we hear, the current design renders the northbound track
pretty useless but we'll see how Camden respond.

John Chamberlain

On 01/06/16 19:37, Anthony anthony.hynes@btopenworld.com
[CamdenCyclingCampaign] wrote:

Is there really a parking space being carved out of the northbound
extension, just south of bus stop nr Kentish Town rd? Taxi has been
parked there last two days and some paint has been added today seeming
to indicate a parking space. I hope I am wrong, as I can't see with
the kerbs how you can hop off and round a parked car.

Anybody know anything about this?

Anthony

Sent from my iPhone

Messages in this topic (2)
4. K T Bike Workshop next Monday
Posted by: "Angela Hobsbaum" angela.hobsbaum@gmail.com
Date: Wed Jun 1, 2016 2:31 pm ((PDT))

Brakes need adjusting? Gears need fixing? Tyres a bit flat? Does your cycle
need some TLC?
Bring it along to our tender mechanics next Monday 6 June, 6.30 - 8.30, at
Kentish Town Health Centre, 2 Bartholomew Road, NW5 2AJ.
They will help you to restore it to full road-worthiness.
It's free, but donations welcome.

Messages in this topic (1)

The CCC website is at:

http://www.camdencyclists.org.uk