Re: [CCC] Re: RCS extension

Douglas Schwab

Hi
I hate to sound negative, but compromise to make the aim useless is not a surprise in cycle schemes.

Here is today's pass on Gloucester Avenue NW1 which has a sheet cycle at over a car scheme and bus stop. If cyclist were legally required to stay in the path, they would need to pull out and return many times within tens of metres.
The photo shows just after paving and old lines returned. This facility came out of a cycling transport initiative....

Bye for now

Douglas

On 2 Jun 2016, at 18:36, Anthony anthony.hynes@... [CamdenCyclingCampaign] <CamdenCyclingCampaign@...> wrote:

Thanks for the reply John. I had a closer look tonight. Paint has been added to denote a loading bay, with. space for 2cars, which there were at 6pm. The sign on the lamppost indicates normal 8.30 to 18.30 parking restrictions, but this may be left over from previous arrangements and could be due to be replaced. However I would say that the kerb arrangements are no good for cyclists, they are not lowered before or after the 2 car spaces, which renders the path pretty useless for cyclists I am afraid if occupied. Might be worth keeping on eye on whether the Council sort this out before it officially opens.

Regards

Anthony