Contractors Render Royal College Street Cycle Track Unusable

Andrea Casalotti <andrea@...>

The Royal College Street cycle track has been half obstructed for the last few weeks with construction materials, and on some days contractors vehicles have totally blocked the track, rendering it unusable. The problem is being caused by contractors Gabriel, who are undertaking pavement renewal as part of Camden's ambitious Boulevard street environment improvement programme
 We have complained to the council on a number of occasions, and are highly disappointed that the council cannot seem to bring about any improvements. Now one of our Committee members has taken a raft of photos which graphically show the damming evidence - see some of them here:
  • http://www.greengas.u-net.com/RCSBlockageAug01LS1.JPG
  • http://www.greengas.u-net.com/RCSBlockageAug01LS2.JPG
  • http://www.greengas.u-net.com/RCSBlockageAug01LS3.JPG
  • http://www.greengas.u-net.com/RCSBlockageAug01LS4.JPG

This is appalling. Doesn't the Council have a statutory duty to provide safe alternatives? Does the contractor have a right to park on the cycle lane? Have they paid to block our right of way? If not, let's take them to court!

Andrea