--
Tony

Apologies for any typos; sent from my iPad

On 25 Nov 2013, at 17:50, "Ross Corben" <rc015g2947@...> wrote:

stuff all that
if you wear the same colours as your background you are invisible
do as much as you can to stand out

though hi-viz is creeping into mainstream fashion too – think of yourself that you are a la mode rather than dying for a principle

what next – refusing to have lights when it’s dark and dressing like a ninja? taking all the reflectors off your bike?

Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 5:27 PM
Subject: [CCC] Re: Enforcement of 20mph in April

/begin knee-jerk rant/

Yes. Feeling pretty grumpy about today's initiative. It's a very retrogressive step to be advocating hi-viz and helmets. Cycling is not rock-climbing or working on a building site. It's just pro-social London transport. And I know we've all got our pet peeves but Haverstock Hill's 20mph is a complete disgrace. And a quick mobile phone driving swoop on Fitzjohns in either rush hour would be dramatic. Offering safety advice. Sigh.

/end knee-jerk rant/